Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Card Swaps Winter Warm-up Crop and Blog Hop

There is an awesome crop going on over at CardSwaps this week. Challenges and games will be up February 8-11, 2012 and you have until February 14, 2012 to get your projects posted to the appropriate thread. If you haven't participated before, don't worry! There are many members, including me, that will be around to offer support and encouragement. You can find out all you need to know in the forum. So... AFTER the hop... you will be taken to the crop and I do hope you join in. If you can't wait, go ahead and check it out... but COME BACK. There is a prize on the line for blog hoppers and you don't want to miss out. You will be given details at the bottom of the post. Don't skip ahead!!!

I can't think of anything that gets me more excited about spring than pouring over a good seed catalogue. And I am not even a gardener! All of the pictures of pretty flowers and yummy vegetables makes me wish I were a gardener, so much so that I've dove in on a number of occasions with high hopes only to rediscover that gardening is not really my thing. But I still enjoy those seed catalogues.

My project is a stair stepper card. I got the instructions from CardMakers "Fun Folds" book, which I won in a previous crop. The flowers are very simple to make. You can find the instructions in the March issue of CardMaker magazine, along with several other types of flowers you can make.

The garden tool image is from Beccy's Place. The frame around the image and around the sentiment is from Free Vintage Digi Stamps. The other images are vintage clip art and the sentiment is mine, which you can pick up for free right here.

I used Spellbinders dies for my die cuts and an EK Success punch for the trim of my flowers. My papers are by K & Company, as well as the centers of my flowers.



 Here is my free sentiment in JPEG and PNG formats. Left click on the image to blow it up; then right-click and "Save Image As". Please leave "Tickell Expressions" in the file name so you know where you got it.
JPEG

PNG


So... the game for hoppers... You will be unscrambling a word once you will collect a letter at each blog you visit. Once you collect ALL the letters, the last hostess in the blog hop will direct you to the thread in the forum where you can find all the details you need to enter the drawing. All hoppers collecting all the letters, unscrambling the word or phrase, entering the game by following the directions in the forum, and leaving feedback on EVERY blog they visit WILL be entered in to a random drawing held on February 15, 2012. ONE lucky hopper will have their name drawn and will win a prize!! Fun, right?? So, make sure you visit every blog and find the letters. Your only hints are... it's a phrase and it's a way papercrafters warm up.

OK... You arrived here from Ivanka's blog, I hope. If not, go back and check out her blog and collect your letter. Then collect my letter and hop on, my friend.

My letter is... P

The list of hoppers, in case you get lost.

Lora 
Jane 
Tina 
Judy (PrairieWildflower)
Teresa (WingsNThings) YOU ARE HERE
Ana 

The next stop on your hop today is Ana's blog. It love her cards and design. I'm sure she has a great project to warm us up. Hop on, blog hopping friend!!

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

40 comments:

Kellie L said...

Your card is very creative and beautiful!!! Love the quotes (thanks for posting them)

Lora Brinkman said...

What a great thought... gardening... I mainly stick to flowers, because vegetable gardens end up just me and no one else taking care of them... love the way you displayed the seed packets. :)

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Teresa!!! You win the fancy pants award! Love your creation; nice work my friend!

SUSAN said...

Pretty card. Thanks for the sentiment I know I'll use it.

ursula Uphof said...

Love your stepper card with all the gorgeous creations.
sorry wont be able to take part.

Steph Herbert said...

Gorgeous stair stepper card! I love all of the elements! Fabulously done. :)

MSTEELADY said...

Wonderful card! I love those seed catalogs too. Sad to say I plant more seeds than grow.

Becky said...

Awesome stepper card, beautiful details.

Colleen Holmes said...

Teresa, you stepper card is over the top beautiful! Love the distressing, die cuts and pretty flowers. Awesome creation! Hugz

Colleen Holmes said...

PS. Thank you so kindly for the beautiful sentiment!

Kris said...

Stunning card!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Ana Garcia said...

WOW... just a WOW factor card!! love it!!

Annette Siverson said...

Wonderful card; absolutely beautiful. And I thank you for the freebies! An unexpected gift!

Tina said...

This is so pretty! I like the idea and the colors. Where did you get the image of the pots and garden tools? My mom loves to garden and would love something like that.

Thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

That is such a fabulous card Teresa! I love everything about it!!! Very vintage too :)

Shelby said...

Cool card! Love your idea of the seeds and the rosettes look fantastic!! Great work as always

Shelby

Jeanette R. Burke said...

I am not a gardner either. I have a Gnome Garden! Such a wonderful saying!

Brooke said...

Beautiful card! Nice job with all the detail!

Sunshine51 said...

Wow, Teresa, you have outdone yourself! That is one gorgeous card!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

WOW, awesome card Teresa!! THere are so many beautiful images and elements to look at... I love it all! Thank you also for the beautiful sentiment.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Tina, the image is a free digi from Beccy's Place and the link is in my blog post.
Thanks for your nice comments.
Hugs,
Teresa

Berni Cuttino said...

Firstly, thanks for the sentiment. Your card is awesome, so many details, love gardening, restful for the soul. TFS

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Teresa, I am in love with your stair stepper card! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Mahalo for sharing your fabulous design.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. TFS.

Golda said...

What an absolutely amazing card, Teresa! You are such a talented lady. I am so very glad to know you.

Ivanka said...

Wow! This is an amazing project! Love it, and love that you got your inspiration from a seed catalogue...and CardMaker mag.

Judy said...

Love the stair step card Teresa! I love seed catalogs too, but I despise gardening. I think it's because I had to do all the yucky work in our garden when I was a kid.

Susan said...

Teresa I love seed packets and seed catalogs too! Your card is so nicely done and I am loving those flowers you made!

Frann said...

What a great card! I love everything about it--the stair-step, the seed packets, the flowers, and the way you put it all together.

Christine K. said...

Super creative!!

Arnoldgirlies said...

Awesome! I've never made a stair-stepper card before! I love it!

Shelley said...

Love this card and the rosettes. The edging you did on them is unique and perfect.

G. B. Miller said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. What inspiration you provide!

kathyleads said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for the jpeg.

Wies said...

Love your card and sentiment. Thanks for sharing Teresa.

mea5798 said...

happy valentine's day teresa! wow your cards are beautiful! thank you so much for sharing them with us!
marie

Ceewater said...

your detail work always amazes me Teresa! What a lovely, beautiful card. And thank you for sharing the quotes!

BrendaB said...

What an amazing card! Thanks for sharing the Bible verse image; it will be perfect for Spring cards!

Patricia said...

Very nice! I will check out the instructions for those flowers :)

Ангелина said...

Wonderful card!