Thursday, 2 February 2012

Another Painting

I have been thoroughly enjoying the painting classes I've been taking at our voluntary community school. It is so kind of the instructors to share their talents with no thought of personal gain.

I started this painting last summer on the beach of our family's campground at Egmont Bay. I love that area and the sunsets are so stunning.

There was a wild storm that seemed headed straight for our little campground one evening. The sea was raging and so was the wind. As I stood on the shore, I thought of the children in our church - raising their hands and singing a song from their precious hearts.

"Our God is greater; our God is stronger; our God is higher than any other. Our God is healer; awesome in power. Our God. Our God."

I could almost hear their sweet voices singing.

I looked into the storm. The wind beat against me, throwing me off balance and nearly knocking me right off my feet. There was no doubt the storm was headed straight for us.

"Our God is greater; our God is stronger..."

I started to sing.

"Our God is higher than any other. Our God is healer; awesome in power..."

I smiled into the storm and sang all the louder. I felt infused with joy.  "Our God is greater; our God is stronger..."

By the time I went indoors, I was soaked through, but the wind had suddenly changed direction. The storm was no longer coming straight at us. Soon afterward we were treated to a glorious sunset.

In my painting I wanted to capture the essence of that experience - the wild storm, the beautiful sunset and God's intervention that protected us from the full force of that storm. For someone with very limited skills, I am fairly satisfied with the result. My thanks to my instructor for showing me how to accomplish what I had previously been unable to do.

I hope this story has uplifted your spirit today or that you have at least enjoyed looking at my painting.

blessings & hugs,
Teresa

4 comments:

NancyD said...

Wow! I love your painting. It is so expressive. NancyD

Karen Murray said...

Isn't God awesome! I love your painting and the story it represents...it's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing the story, I love hearing about how great our God is. Have a great weekend.

Reflections from Granny said...

Teresa, truly inspiring, your painting is amazing, the colors, the texture, I can see the waves blowing in and the wind churning.

Thank you for sharing and sharing all your beautiful sentiments.

Hugs, Lori m

Golda said...

That is such a great experience for you. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Your painting is beautiful and shows your love of God. Thanks for singing with us, too. I joined right in!