Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Rock On Granny

Today I made a multi-panel card with a rocking feature on the image. My granny rocks. No, really - she does. I altered the instructions for a slider card by making a shorter hole so the image doesn't slide along, but only rocks. It is very easy. You use 2 pennies (or dimes, like I used); put one coin behind the hole and put a piece of foam tape on it that fits through the hole. Put your other coin on top of the foam tape and then mount your image to the top of that coin. Use foam tape to mount the whole thing to your card front and that's it. Easy.

My granny image is by Bugaboo Stamps and I received it in CDAC's Progressive Freebie Challenge. Every 2-4 weeks I receive new images for the next challenge, which starts tomorrow. All I have to do is enter one project, using one of the images, in order to get the next set of digis. If you missed out, don't worry. You can buy in for only $1 USD.

CardMaker Corner's challenge this week is to use at least 3 handmade paper flowers on any kind of project. They have made that easy by including several flower making tutorials in March's issue. I used the rolled flowers, but I also included some stamped & cut flowers I made a while back.

Thanks for stopping by. If you haven't already done so, today is the last day to enter for my blog candy giveaway. InLinkz will draw a name at midnight.

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge
CardMaker Corner - Flowers

8 comments:

Shelby said...

Now this is just laugh out loud funny! Wonderful creativity and the fold is just perfect for her. Fantastic work

Shelby

scrappin sista said...

What a adorable card Teresa!!! I just LOVE bugaboo images!! Thank you for following my blog, I truly appreciate it!! I am now a follower of yours, can't wait to see more of your awesome creations!! Thanks girlfriend, and stay creative,
Alice B.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your "rockin' Granny" ! Great card and great idea to make her rock! Thanks for playing the CDAC Progressive challenge!

Hugs,

Georgia

CDAC PC DT

Sara I. said...

LOL, how cute Teresa!! Love the sentiment with that fun image from Bugaboo !! The flowers are just awesome! xx

Jacq said...

What a great card Teresa! You've certainly thought outside the box for this one. I love how you've got the granny rocking - well done!

Reflections from Granny said...

Too funny, it looks a little like me today. Love it! Hugs, Lori m

Anne Fenton said...

Teresa this is soooo cute.. don't you just love the little old lady...better still she likes chocolate...that is my down fall..
Love it g/f Hugzz and Blessingz Anne

Patricia St Martin said...

Oh my.. How cute is Teresa in both of the cards. your cards are just too funny. Just love them. Great job.
Hugs, Patricia