Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Progressive Freebie Challenges

I have been participating in two progressive freebie challenges since their inceptions - the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge AND the Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz.

CDAC Card
CDAC (Crafters Digital Art Centre) hosts many digital artist groups, who also sponsor their challenges. That means that every two weeks participants get 5 or more free digital images with which to create their projects. It's a great way to build up your digital image library and become familiar with many digital artists in a short period of time. You only have to enter one project, per round of challenges, to be included in the offering for the next set of digis. There are prizes periodically, and little surprises along the way, but really everyone is a winner just by participating. If you are just learning about this great challenge, no worries; you can buy in for only $1 USD.

Above is the card I designed for the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge. I used the image supplied by Firecracker Designs. The scene is so peaceful, it felt like a good sympathy card to me.


The Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz is very dear to my heart because of the dear artists - Anne Fenton and Sandi Huggett - who offer their images bi-weekly. It is amazing to me how they can crank out so many beautiful images on a regular basis. If you are not familiar with The Outlawz, and you are a paper crafter, hop over there right now to see what you have been missing. Besides the Creative Freebie Challenge, there are actually different challenges everyday of the week. There are incredible sponsors for the prizes, like Oozak, Paper Temptress, SCACD and many more. Better than that is the friendly community of designers (like me) and crafters you will meet.

I used Anne's lovely image (books) for this encouragement card (right). The sentiment is from a Clear Dollar stamp.

Thanks for looking and blessings on your week.

Teresa

PS - Here is a close-up of Anne's image. I am disappointed that the lettering on the books smudged, but I wanted you to see that I wrote Hope. Faith and Love on the spines. I also wanted you to see the glitter and gemstone on the heart.

7 comments:

Lori m said...

Teresa, each card is gorgeous, sorry I've been MIA a lot more lately, sometimes life just gets in my way. Just beautiful!

Hugs, Lori m

Rhonda Miller said...

What fun cards. TFs.

fairymadjo said...

hi teresa ,
wow stunning , huggs jo x

Jacq said...

Teresa, both cards are beautiful, well done!

Stampin D Amour said...

Teresa - these are fabulous!!! Very nice! xo

-pamela :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Beautiful sympathy card... I love the colors and the beautiful ribbon... Allin all, so very beautiful! Thanks for playing the CDAC Progressive Challenge!
Hugs,
Georgia
CDAC PC DT

Lady Anne said...

What great cards you have made Teresa...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx