Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Plugging Along

If you have wondered where I'd gone over the last few days, well... our whole household got hit with a stomach flu virus. I'm done with that, but now I have a migraine. Yuck! Oh well. Life goes on and I'm plugging away at my cards today. Seems like I've fallen a little behind.

Last night was our Deeply for Kids church life group and we had a 'FUN NIGHT'. I made a simple Valentine and pre-cut the main pieces for the kids since a couple of them are quite young. I wanted them to all have a nice finished product and they did. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring my camera to photograph what they did. Live and learn.

After making cards, DH helped the children decorate cupcakes and they needed no help eating them. We put on some music and danced a congo line, shared some silly stories and then we cleaned up.

Even though this was designated as a 'fun' night, many of the children brought their bibles and some wanted to share scriptures they had been reading. One child had a praise report about an answered prayer request for his grandfather to find another job. Within hours of our prayer time last week, his grandfather received not one, but two job offers. He took the best one and teased that he now has a better job than his son does.

It was 5 minutes before the close of our meeting when one of the children took note of it, saying, "We've only got 5 minutes to go. We better start praying now."What a blessing these kids are. They really love God and want to draw close to him.

I thank God all the time for giving me the privilege of leading these children. I also cry out for wisdom because of this awesome responsibility. I feel so unworthy, but at the same time I am glad that God has chosen me for this beautiful task. I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life ministering to these precious little ones and the others to come after them.

Sometimes I wonder if others will ever catch on that training children is the absolute best job in God's Kingdom. Then again, whenever you are doing exactly what God designed you to do, THAT is the best job in God's Kingdom for you. I believe that is what I am doing now and I am so thankful.

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - To the One I Love
Creative Card Crew - Seeing Red
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Sparkle

3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.
I'm glad you're over the tummy stuff. I hope your headache goes away soon.

Steph said...

What a sweet card, especially love the glittery bling! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

Gaynor said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)