Tuesday, 10 January 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - January 10

Guess who got to choose the colors for this week's color challenge at The Outlawz? Me! I chose Lime, Black & Tangerine and here is my inspiration photo. It's my pet Alexandrine parrot, Gonzo the Great. Isn't he fabulous? I used one of his beautiful tail feathers in the design of my card. He sheds them only about twice a year.

This month's color challenge at The Outlawz is called, "Jammin' January" and it is sponsored by Kenny K. Designs. I have used one of their images for my card. This one is called "Super Mom".

If you've never been to The Outlawz, and you love card making, do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Blessings on your week,
Teresa

5 comments:

Guylou said...

This card is absolutely gorjuss!!!! What a great way to recycle your beautiful bird feather!!! Well done!
Cheers!
Guylou

Sheree said...

Cute card Teresa! Love that parrot too! Wish I had a bird to 'pluck' for the challenge! haha!
Hugs,
Sheree

Stampin D Amour said...

Teresa - I didn't know that you had a parrot. Is that Gonzo's feather on your card? I love it!

I used to raise English Budgies years ago and had various smaller parrots over the years (I even had chickens in my backyard too!)...DH wasn't too thrilled about the noise and bird mess. Someday, I think I might get another pet bird....xo

-pamela :)

Stampin D Amour said...

Teresa - I just looked at your Pets Page and I just enjoyed looking at your photos of all of your pets!

When my kids were way younger, I had two Dutch bunnies in my backyard (with the chickens)...plus, an aviary of English Budgies!

Later, I had a canary, Java Rice finches, Love Birds, and a Quaker parrot. I had a different cat at the time that didn't bother the birds...

Currently, I only have two cats (trained to do their business outside) and they never leave the yard either. xo

-pamela :)

Shelby said...

Fantastic work and I just love that feather! Perfect touch