Monday, 2 January 2012

First Challenge Card of the New Year

Here it is the 2nd day of the new year, 2012. It's hard to believe. Many have prophesied major changes for this year - some prophets more reliable than others. One prophetic voice I have learned to trust is John Paul Jackson. Change can be difficult, and I don't usually like it, but I've found it is easier when I choose to embrace it. So, I guess if I were to have a New Year's resolution, it would be to embrace whatever changes God brings into my life and try to see them as opportunities for growth. 

Here is one tiny change I made today. I made a Double-Dutch fold card for the very first time. The challenge came from Georgette at Card Swaps. BTW, Card Swaps is having a "Warm-up for Winter" crop from February 8-11. I hope you can join us.

Here is my card, including the inside views. You can find instructions on Splitcoast Stampers by Patty Bombyk.


Challenges:
Card Swaps - Funky Folds (Double Dutch)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Fancy Fold or shaped cards
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Creations Ink - Die cuts or punches
Cutie Pie Challenge - Use a sentiment
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty Challenges - Anything Goes

 Blessings on your week,
Teresa

9 comments:

Pryn said...

Gorgeous card with. An amazing focal flower! I have never made one of these folds before....you knocked it out of the park! The sentiment is lovely as well :)

Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah <3

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the sentiment stamp.

Julia said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joinig Paper Creations ink. Hugs, Julia-DT

Chrissy said...

fabulolus card and love the fold.Well done for your first time, I would still be reading the instructions..

Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Fabulous folded card with a lovely flower embellishment Karen x

Zoe Sanderson said...

WOW what a lovely card saw it on MIM and had to visit for a good look XOXO Zoe

Rene said...

Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck!
Rene :D

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that your New Year is off to a grand start!

Bettina L. said...

Wow gotta tell you I love the colour combo on your double dutch fold card. Lovely sentiments as well. Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx