Monday, 16 January 2012

Card Swaps Inspiration Challenge

Ellie gave us a fun challenge this week at Card Swaps. She took a photo of a cute pillow and asked us to design a card using this as inspiration. Right away I was drawn to the plaid and checks. I also like the soft browns and I had just the right papers to fit this challenge.

My vintage baby was a free clip art image I picked up ages ago. I love this little baby so much; I just want to kiss his cheeks. Instead I rubbed a little ink into his cheeks with my finger. I didn't want to add much color to the image itself as I like it so much in B&W.

I followed the sketch at Stamp With Fun for their challenge #144.

I am trying to get a decent number of baby and get well cards crafted so I can sell them (hopefully) at our local hospital's gift shop. So you will probably be seeing a lot of those kinds of cards in the near future.

Speaking of babies, my DH and I will be spending the night tomorrow at our friends' house so we can babysit their children the next day. They are due at the hospital for a C-section at 7 am on Wednesday, January 18 for the birth of their 3rd son, who will be their 5th child. They have not yet revealed his name. I'm so excited that we will be on the front lines, so to speak.

FYI, Card Swaps forum is having a blog hop and Card Crop from February 8-11. Our sponsors are CardMaker Magazine, Elmer's Glue and Spellbinders.

If you haven't done so already, make sure to get your name and comment in my New Year's Post for two chances to win a crafty prize from me.

Congratulations to Rhonda Miller for winning my cross-stitch supplies prize.

Blessings & Hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Card Swaps - Inspiration
Crafty Cardmakers - no floral embellishments
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Sketch
Truly Madly Crafty - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow ! No wonder you love that baby its gorgeous ! What a great fine. Fabulous card love the layout and the great papers and colours this is a real stunner. hope all goes well for your frinds. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

Marie

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, Marie.

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, Teresa, I love the gingham paper and the sponged color on the image! Fabulous bow! So glad you are playing in the challenge at Lexi's Creations this time. Hope to see you again next time. We do our love regulars. :-D
NanaConnie Lexi's DT

Glenda Atkins said...

fabulous card Teresa, your black and white interpretation of how to colour the images is amazing. The gingham paper is adorable as are the duckies on the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, good luck with the challenge and hope to see you next time!

Susie Little said...

Fantastic card, Thank you for playing at Crafty Cardmakers! xxx

fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wow what for cute baby card. beautiful !!!! thank you for joining stamp with fun this week.
hugs
tina46

Shelby said...

Wonderful vintage card!

Shelby