Friday, 27 January 2012

Anniversary Easel Card

Card Maker Corner (CardMaker Magazine) has a challenge this week called, "Color Me Spring". The lovely Lora Brinkman has asked us to make a card using blue, green, pink and sandstone - no white or black allowed.

I thought it would be nice to do a different fold for this one and decided on an easel card. The image is vintage clip art of a seed catalogue. My flowers are some first attempts at rolled flowers. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I used an EK Success punch for my borders and Spellbinders Nestabilities for my die cuts. Most of my papers are Stampin' Up.

To make my easel card I cut an 8"x6" piece of cardstock and scored the long edge at 2" and 4". I cut an additional piece of cardstock at 4"x6" for my card front. I folded the large piece along the score lines, folding at 4" to make a normal fold card and then at 2" toward the middle. I glued the bottom of my card front to the bottom of the 2" fold. I hope that makes sense. Maybe next time I will take pictures of the process.

Blessings on your weekend,
Teresa

 Challenges:
Card Challenge Corner - Color Me Spring
Moving Along with the Times - Blooming Marvellous (flowers)
PaperCrafting Journey - Floral
Sew Many Cards - Circles
Robyn's Fetish - Love
Crafty Ann's Challenge - What's New Pussycat? (Newly Learned Technique - rolled flowers)
Stampin' With Dragon - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Shelby said...

Beautiful work Teresa and I love the vintage work you've done...looks fantastic

Shelby

Carol said...

Beautiful card Teresa, the flowers are gorgeous as is your colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love those flowers.

Reflections from Granny said...

Teresa, this is outstanding, gorgeous and so much detail you've put into this card. That vintage clip art is divine!

Hugs, Lori m

hannelie said...

Thanks for entering this lovely card to our LOVE challenge at Robyn's Fetish!
Hannelie

Ann Whitfield said...

Well done doing a new technique and creating this lovely card in the process. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is lovely what a great easel card, thanks for playing along on MAWTT with our Blooming Marvelous Challenge this week, Love Hazelxox

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful vintage image and the nestie frame is so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

Edwina said...

Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Love the frame and borders. Edwina Brown

Colleen Holmes said...

Teresa, Your easel card is so pretty! Love the rolled flowers and pretty bling! Have a great week sweetie! Hugz

skated said...

Such a great card.
Thankyou for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon Challenge Blog this week

Kate xxx
SWTD DT

Sandy said...

Gorgeous, love the vintage seed catalogue, flowers and the fab colours, a beautiful easel card,
PS, just joined as a follower too.
Sandy

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx