Thursday, 17 November 2011

Touching Hands

Sometimes I come up with a verse that I feel is truly inspired. That is how I feel about the verse on the front of this card. It touches my heart with a divine sadness every time I read it.

The image (hands) is by Squigglefly and the dove is a digi by Glitterbabe. I placed 3 red gems to represent the wounds of my Saviour, Jesus Christ.

The hands can be interpreted a number of ways: God the Father releasing his Son to the world that would crucify him; the Son reaching up to His Father so they would be in constant communion; Man in awe of the Creator-baby; the infant Jesus reaching to touch Man. You see why this verse touches me so deeply. I hope it blesses you too. I am offering it below. The inside verse is part of the same file, but I have left enough space that you can easily cut them apart.

I learned the faux leather technique from one of the Autumn Blessings Crop challenges at Card Swaps. It is really very easy. All you need is card stock, masking tape, ink, clear embossing powder and a heat tool.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Autumn Blessings Crop (Card Swaps) - Faux Leather
CCEE Stampers - use 2 punches or die cuts
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
The Play Date Cafe - Color  Maroon...Copper...Tumeric
For Your Inspiration - Photo

If you haven't joined in the Autumn Blessings Crop yet, take a few minutes to check it out. There are games and a blog hop as well as many varied challenges. You're sure to find something you like. And... did I mention prizes? CardMaker magazine is our generous sponsor. I've played several crops and won every time. The prizes do not disappoint.

Blessings on your day,
Teresa

JPEG

PNG

13 comments:

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous Teresa! Love the corrugated panel and the fabulous image! xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

StephC said...

Lovely card! So glad you joined us at FYI!

Colleen Holmes said...

Gorgeous and Thank you for the verses!

Risa said...

Ah the bitter sweet understanding of what that babe born in the manger did for me. A beautiful and a touching reminder to be grateful and give thanks today. Inky Hugs.

MaRyKaY said...

that is a beautiful card. thanks for sharing. I love that you are an animal lover. nice to know there are some out there that care with so many people being mean to poor lil critters. I like that pic above. what a tooth pick. lol and the fish sitter thats awesome

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful Christmas prayer! Thanks for joining in at For Your Inspiration!

dstandard said...

Such a pretty card - great Christmas prayer! Thanks for playing at Unscripted SketcheS!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a truly beautiful card, Teresa! LOVE how much thought and depth you've put into this beauty, and that Christmas prayer is precious! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

What a clever leather technique, it works perfectly for your overall design. As Jinny said you can see you've put a lot of thought into it. Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful sentiment! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful... thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Michelle said...

Teresa, you've made a lovely card with a lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Debby said...

Lovely texture and really well thought out design. Thanks for joining us at FYI!