Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Story of St. Nicholas

Recently I received my first images for the new series of Creative Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz. Among them is an image by Anne Fenton that reminds me of the Old World Father Christmas. I did some research (my buddy, Google) for a coloring reference and hit the jackpot.

I found information on the true story of St. Nicholas from whom we get the legend of our modern day Santa Claus. Not only that, but a lovely poem was written by Father Victor Hoagland. He also made a couple of videos (one for children and one for history buffs) telling the story of St. Nicholas, who was a humble and generous man.

My accordion fold card uses Anne's image and Father Victor's poem - a beautiful marriage of art forms.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
The Outlawz - Creative Freebie Challenge

Blessings,
Teresa


2 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Teresa, this is stunning, love it!

Hugs, Lori

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.