Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Purse Card and a Free Verse

I had a scare yesterday. My darling husband suddenly took sick with severe dizziness. We were heading out for a long overdue date night when it happened. Well, dressed in all our finery, we spent the evening in the Emergency ward of our local hospital. When I was satisfied that Terry was stable and being well cared for, I went home to sleep.

It turns out he has an inner ear infection and he just has to take it easy for a few days. They did a CAT scan to be sure it was nothing more serious. Nothing like a good scare to make you REALLY appreciate the one you love.

Velcro Closure
I managed to put together one card for you today. I received the image from the CDAC Progressive Freebie challenge and the artist is Inked Treasures. I am also entering this card in The Outlawz color challenge this week. The colors are black, pink and white, with a houndstooth pattern in there somewhere.

Gina K. Designs provided a houndstooth digi paper last week and I got the purse template from Scrapbooking Gems today. Google can find anything and I'm glad to have found Scrapbooking Gems. They have lots of great templates - for free!

Inside Verse
I created the inside verse for this card. You can pick it up for your own use at the bottom of this post. Please link back here if you use it (or any of my sentiments) and let me know - I'd love to see what you do with it.

Blessings,

Teresa


JPEG

PNG

Other Challenges:
Stampavie - Anything Goes
365 Cards - 3 Ps

7 comments:

nancyparker55 said...

Love your purse card & thank you so much for the poem. Glad to hear your husband is not too seriously ill.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful purse- perfect for the color challenge. Wow- love the sentiment- Thank You- it is awesome! I am visiting you from the Outlawz- and am now following you too! Thanks for stopping by my blog- it is so fun to meet new bloggers!

Pattie G said...

Teresa,
This is perfect! The image and the purse go so well together!

hugs
Pattie

Wies said...

Lovely purse and the sentiment in it Teresa.
I can imagine that you had a scare yesterday. Hope your husband feels better now.

NanaConnie said...

What a perfect sentiment, Teresa! I'm going to use that one a lot this year. So glad your DH is going to be OK. We'll keep him on our prayer list. :-D

Kim Kelley said...

AWWWW this is adorable! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

HUGS!!
Kim
CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

Shelby said...

What a beautiful and creative project! Love how this turned out. Glad your husband is better.

Shelby