Thursday, 24 November 2011

It's here - Snow kidding!

It turns out last week's snowfall was only a preview of the coming attraction. It started snowing early yesterday afternoon and kept right up all through the night. So while all of my lovely American friends are feasting on turkey and pumpkin pie, we Canadians are shoveling and scrambling to get our snow tires on. I think we'd better pick our parsnips and winter squash while we can still find them.

Oh well. This too shall pass... in five, six or seven months. In Atlantic Canada we have two seasons: Winter and Almost Winter. Ha! It's not really that bad, but when you are sometimes wearing your winter coat from October to May, it sometimes feels like it.

But the very best part of winter is Christmas. And snow on the pines and rooftops does put me into a holiday mood. Who knows? Maybe I will even bake something.

In the meantime, I am cooking up some Christmas in my craft room with a growing supply of one-of-a-kind Christmas cards. I find challenges give me a lot of inspiration. They springboard my creativity.

Anne Fenton and Sandi Huggett have been offering their digital art over at The Outlawz in their new "Creative Freebie Challenge". I used one of Sandi's images to make this card. It is the little Christmas girl. I snipped up a white feather to make the fluff for her hat.

I also used a Christmas tree image by Diane's Digital Designs and an angel by Sharon Bennett. The inside verse is one of my own and you can pick it up on the Christmas Sentiments page on my sidebar.

Finally, I want to wish all of my American friends a blessed and lovely Thanksgiving holiday. And if you go out shopping tomorrow, try to not get trampled.

Blessings,
Teresa

 I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Delightful Challenges - red & green
Hannah & Friends - red & another color
Moving Along With the Times - ribbons & bows
Pals Paper Arts - pearls
Shelly's Images - green & red

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Cute card! And we had some snow ourselves here in upstate NY - let the season begin :)

Colleen Holmes said...

YUCK, YUCK and more yuck to the snow!! I don't want to see that white stuff yet! Love your card with bright and cheerful colors! BTW do you have something similiar to our black Friday? it's nutzy her in the states and I elect to stay home in jammies after the holiday!

Sharon said...

I know the snow may be yucky to my Canadian and American and even British friends, but we don't experience snow in South Africa and to just have 1 day or week of snow would be absolutely awesome... hmmmmm I think 7 months of it would get me down a bit, but it looks sooooo very pretty in the pictures. How nice to be able to have your Christmas lunch in cold weather instead of the HOT weather we usually experience. Take care and happy holidays, Sharon

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh I so love the snow & I am sooooo jealous! We live in the UK & we get it eventually but its not usually much & is gone within a day or so!! I might just have to fly out & see ya lololol!!

Gorgeous card love the fluff finishes it off perfectly!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Debs said...

Beautiful Christmas card - lush gold ribbon & bow.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

p.s thanks also for the lovely comment on my ribbon card - I really appreciate it.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Awe ... thanks for sharing the *S_ _ _* photos ... I don't even want to say the word ... I'm not ready for it yet ... but here in Ohio, USA it will be coming very soon!
Your card is ADORABLE and the design is fabulous! Great job of coloring! Thanks so much for joining our "RED & GREEN" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, oh and so is your snow, its amazing, thanks for playing our ribbons and bows challenge on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks so much for adding your pretty "RED & GREEN" creation to our challenge at Shelly's Images! I hope you join us again next week!
luv n huggz
Jen
Shelly's Images DT

Lisa Jane said...

what a cute little card ..Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Min said...

What an adorable card! Your snow looks like our snow we got last night. =) Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the Shelly's Images "Red & Green" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations