Saturday, 5 November 2011

Ellephantastic's Guest Designer

What a thrill it was last month to find out I had been randomly chosen to be a guest designer at the Ellephantastic Challenge blog. Helen Lawrence is one of my favorite digi artists and I love using her images. In fact, my biggest problem in choosing an image to use for my design spot was to find one I didn't already have. LOL!

I chose Emily Autumn, which turned out to be the perfect choice since November's challenge theme is "Weather Related".

No grass grew under my feet in getting this sweet girl colored up. I paper pieced her clothes and layered the background 'rain' on a water-drop digi paper. I added some glitter glue to a few of the raindrops in the scene.

The card shape was achieved with a Spellbinders Nestibilities die. I also cut a piece of printed digi paper from Gina K. Designs (Stamp TV) and inked it up with SU Cherry Cobbler and Plaid Blue Topaz metallic inks. I used the Blue Topaz around the outside of the card front.

The inside verse is from Isaiah 55:10,11. I used some fancy fonts in it and saved it as a JPEG to share with you. You will find it at the bottom of this post and I will also include it in my Free Sentiment pages.


Blessings on your day,
Teresa



4 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

Love your card Teresa and how funny that we should both choose the same image to use, great minds and all that :)

Love Mandy xxx

Sara I. said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot! They are lucky to have you!
Your card is fabulous - love her paper pieced raincoat!! xx

Shelby said...

Beautiful design! Love how you colored up the image and the verse is just so fitting and perfect!

Shelby

Ellephantastic said...

Thank you Teresa so much for joining us as a GD this month. Your card is beautiful I really love your paper piecing. Hugs Helen x