Monday, 17 October 2011

What a Day

I had quite an exciting day today. I got up at around 6 a.m. and decided to do the Proverbs 31 woman thing of preparing food for my household while everyone was still asleep. Okay. Maybe I only do that about once a year, but it must count for something.

My DH was going to work today after having suffered with a migraine yesterday and still feeling the after effects today. So I made him some hot cereal and packed him a nice lunch. I even put a little note in his lunch, thanking him for being a good provider. Honestly, I enjoyed doing it. I wish I had the energy to do stuff like that more often.

I dropped Terry off at work and headed to a friend's house to pick up my Stampin' Up order. Then I went home to take care of all my fids (furry and feathered kids). I started two new batches of Kombucha tea since Terry and I both like it and both find it gives us more energy. I cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher, etc...

A couple of hours later, I drove my DS into town and stopped at the grocery store. And that's when my day got a little strange. From a close range I saw a woman get hit almost head-on by a van. She shot up onto the hood partway and then back to the pavement. It was quite traumatic to witness; not like a fender bender. This was actually a vulnerable, middle-aged pedestrian being hit and propelled onto the hood of a big vehicle. I was shook the rest of the afternoon.

Of course I waited for the police so I could give my testimony. I got a call from the officer an hour or so later. He asked me a few questions and that's when I found out that the driver reported having made a left-hand turn, while I was sure he had made a right-hand turn. He was behind me and I witnessed the accident in my side-view mirror. I have to consider that I was wrong about the direction he turned, but I don't understand how I could have had such a good view of the front of his van if he had been traveling the other direction. I know perspective is a funny thing, especially during traumatic events, so I have to consider that I was wrong about the direction he was traveling.

In any event, he did hit her and I did see that, as did several other people who rushed to her aid. I hope there were other witnesses who stayed behind to give their perspectives.

Tonight was our 2nd Deeply for Kids Life Group meeting and it was terrific. One girl had a dream a few weeks ago about starving hurting children in Somalia. Ever since she has wanted some way to raise funds to send to Somalia. Tonight we brainstormed some ideas how we can come alongside her as a group. The kids had fantastic ideas about different crafts we could make. One boy with a large hockey card collection said he would package sets of cards to sell. Someone suggested face painting and that reminded me that I can make balloon animals. I also suggested selling some of my excess cards and giving the proceeds to the Somalia fund. One of the leaders of the group is going to contact a local high school to see if we can get a table at their Christmas craft fair next month.  We are praying that it will not be too late to reserve a table.

And, somehow, in the midst of this unusual day, I managed to put together a card. The sentiment is by Digi Sparkle and the image is by Just Some Lines. It was one of the images given for CDAC's Progressive Freebie Challenge. The embossed paper was made by inking an embossing folder with blue ink and using white cardstock.

I am also entering this card into this week's greeting challenge at The Outlawz which is an "Anything Goes" challenge.

Good night all. I am hoping for a very boring day tomorrow.

Blessings,
Teresa

I am also entering this card in the Ready-Teddy-Go challenge for October called, "Punch it Out".

8 comments:

Lady Anne said...

This is such a cute card...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

NanaConnie said...

Wow, Teresa, you DID have a day! Glad that you were also able to craft this card. It's just precious! I'll send soothing prayers for you, my friend.

Gail said...

ure hope she is going to be all right..man..rough day..
such a cute card theresa..tfs..loves ya

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Hope the lady is going to be okay! Very tragic!
Your card is lovely!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
~Ruza CDAC PC DT

Shelby said...

What a day! Glad you made it through! Love your card, the design and the colors are just perfect.
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Shelby

A Passion For Paper said...

Teresa, hope you are over the shock of witnessing such a traumatic event. Your card is just lovely and I hope that making it was soothing . . . I always find it so for myself.

Good luck with the fundraising ventures, it's such a good cause.
Thank you so much for finding the time to join us at the Ready-Teddy-Go challenge again this month, you will always be very welcome.

Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

Gemma said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining us at Ready Teddy Go Challenge. Gemma x

Sonia said...

Oh what a lovely card.Thanks for joining in the Ready-Teddy-Go challenge this month.
Hugs Sonia x