Tuesday, 18 October 2011

SSBS Design

I had never heard of SSBS Design before, but I love this darling image they supplied to the CDAC Progressive Freebie challenge. I colored the image with Prisma Pencils and Perfect Pearls. I also did a little paper piecing and popped up parts of the image.

The Christmas tree was actually a chipboard oak leaf. I used several layers of embossing powders, Perfect Pearls and a star embellishment to complete it.

I also got to use my brand new Stampin' Up Christmas papers. It's a little busier, pattern-wise, than I am used to, but I love these new papers so much, I just kept piling them on.

Anyway, CDAC's current challenge is called, "Fun & Festive" and that is just how this card makes me feel. Who knows - maybe I'll even bake cookies. Or not. ;)

Blessings,
Teresa

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute. TFS.

NanaConnie said...

Teresa, the 'oak leaf' Christmas tree is so clever! I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. Love this card and the border punched dp.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your site in one of my favorites.

Donna Moore said...

Hi Teresa, just popped in to tell you how beautiful your card is! I truly love your design and colors, what a wonderful idea to us the oak leaf! I also just finished reading your "pets" page. That was fun, anyone who loves animals as much as you must put a smile on God's face! I had such nice visit, seeing your card and learning about your passion for animals, thank you for sharing with all of us!
....and Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
many hugs
donna

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

I love what you did with the image. Beautiful card!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
~Ruza CDAC PC DT