Tuesday, 4 October 2011

My First Christmas Card 2011

I knew the Christmas card challenges would start soon and I am really pleased with my very first Christmas card of 2011. Golda at CardMaker Card Swap got the ball rolling with her "Anything Goes" Monday challenge. She asked us to do something non-traditional.

The color challenge at The Outlawz calls for a fancy fold card in these colors. Not your traditional Red and Green Christmas card colors.

These two challenges seemed made for each other.

I started by creating my own designer paper with a butterfly stencil and inks in the Outlawz color palette. Sometimes I just itch to make my own backing paper. It is so much fun and there is no limit to what you can do with a little imagination and a few handy tools.

Next I pulled out my CardMaker book, "Fancy Folds". I chose a narrow accordion fold with a pocket on the last panel. I tucked a "To-From" tag into the pocket and went crazy with embellishments, stamps and embossing powders. I put a Red bow on a gold pipe cleaner through the holes at the top of all the panels as a temporary closure.

You know how once in a while you really love the results of a creation you made? I really love this one. I hope you do too.

Blessings,
Teresa

PS - Make sure to hop over to The Outlawz for their 1000 Member Party. $800 worth of prizes to be won.









Isn't this little pocket just too cute?

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

Roxann said...

Love it, Teresa! Such a pretty card and I love that fold!

Brenda said...

Teresa, I had to come over here and look at the whole thing. This is a fabulous card!! Just love it, Bren

NanaConnie said...

Teresa, you must have thought I abandoned you! You know I follow via e-mail. Can you believe that this is the first notice I've gotten for your blog since September 7? I thought you'd just taken a few weeks off and now I find you've been posting all along and the e-mail thingy just hasn't been working! I've browsed every posting but didn't have time to leave but one comment. You've been busy as usual, with gorgeous creations! Sorry to have missed out on so much, my friend.

Teresa Arsenault said...

I wonder what happened to the e-mail subscription. I love Google Blogger, but sometimes it is not as reliable as I would like.
Glad to have you back and thanks for the lovely comments.