Wednesday, 19 October 2011

May Brit and a Template for You

May Brit has oodles of marvelous free digis on her blog. If you haven't been there, you don't know what you are missing, so I'm here to remedy that. I have two cards for you today using May Brit images that I picked up as freebies. If you love super-cute images, you will not want to miss out these and May's other free digis.

My first card is for a baby girl. I made the mistake of photographing it with a red backdrop, which made my peach look like pink. I did my best to doctor it up, so it is pretty close to real life. I am entering this card in the Ready-Teddy-Go "Punch it out" challenge.

The next May Brit image I used is available on her latest blog post.

Anyone that really knows me, knows that I LOVE birds. Not just digis, either. I have two pet birds - a dove and a parrot - and I am one of those rare humans who actually thinks crows are beautiful. So playing with May's sweet Christmas bird was delightful.

I've been hearing the name, "Tuesday Throw Down" thrown around (pun, pun) quite a lot lately, so I decided to check it out for myself.

Their current challenge is to make a shaped card. Hmmm.... Wouldn't this cute little bird look sweet in a cage? But I didn't have any cage templates and a quick search did not turn any up either; at least not any I could use for a card shape. (Sigh) Well, you know what they say, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

This must be the reason I always save the heavy backing 'paper' from packages of designer papers. I used that to cut out my template. I wanted to get it right before I started cutting up my good cardstock.

Once I was satisfied with the card shape, I thought, "Wouldn't that little blue bird look sweet peeking out from his cage DOOR. That template was a bit more challenging and I ended up wasting a nice piece of embossed cardstock. But I finally got it and I am quite pleased with the result.

Now, since I went to all this trouble to design a template, it would a shame not to share it with my cyber buddies, wouldn't it? That's what I thought. So I did my best, with the program I have, to make a computer generated template. I will link a new page in my sidebar (top right) where you can pick it up. Please give me some feedback on this as this is my first attempt at a template and I have no idea if it will be any good.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Blessings,
Teresa

Pick up computer generated templates on my sidebar page called, Templates.

11 comments:

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,
You're right, May Brit makes great images. You made a lovely card with the baby bear. The colours are a little different then the usual blue or pink, but I like it. Cute bird cage. Thanks for sharing.
Greetings, Wies

Yolanda said...

Fun card. The blue embossing is just right with the bird cage. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown.

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Hi Teresa,
Thank you for your fabulous entries into this month's challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go.
I adore the baby bear in the pram - what a cute image.
Hugs and best wishes to you, Clare x

Teresa said...

Cute cards! I love May's digi's, too.

Reflections from Granny said...

Teresa, these are all adorable, your templates are amazing, thank you so very much for all you share.

Hugs, Lori m

NanaConnie said...

Love seeing you play at Tuesday Throwdown, my friend! Great cards and your coloring on the bird is wonderful! I'm going to go grab that birdcage template. :-D Thanks.
NanaConnie TT DT

*Vicki* said...

Both creations are really fabulous!! But I ADORE the shaped birdie card!! Such a clever design!! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Oct GDT

A Passion For Paper said...

Terrific card Teresa, love that little bear image and the colours you have used.

Thank you for joining in at Ready-Teddy-Go challenge this month.

Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

Anne-Marie said...

This is wonderful isn't it, I especially liked the teddy in the pram.

Thank you for joining us this month at RTG.

Anne-Marie x x

Sonia said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in the Ready-Teddy-Go challenge this month.
Hugs Sonia x

Daniele said...

awww so sweet so glad you joined us at Ready Teddy Go
hugs