Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Friends, Fun and Crafting

What a wonderful weekend I had! Saturday was the annual 70-mile yard sale on Prince Edward Island. Terry and I got up a 5:30 a.m. since the start of the sale was 45 minutes away. The highway was hopping with happy shoppers and not-so-happy drivers who just wanted to get someplace. I picked up a few small treasures along the way and Terry hit pay-dirt with computers, electronics and a slick silver desk lamp. Considering he didn't find too much for himself all summer, he was due and I was happy for him. And I did get some card making supplies, which is always nice.

On Sunday we went to lunch with a couple we have been wanting to catch up with for a very long time. Their schedule finally allowed them to do so. We had a good, long gab session. Fortunately, the restaurant was not busy so they didn't mind us lingering. One thing our friends told us about is kombucha tea. The husband had many health issues for his entire life and he says drinking it has resolved most of those issues in a short time. Fringe benefit (pun): His receding hairline is actually filling in.

Sunday evening we celebrated a birthday with a very close friend and his family, with lots of homemade lasagna. We finished off our day by watching the season premiere episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Michelle Obama was actually involved in helping in this one. She showed up in sneakers and capris, ready to work. Gotta love that First Lady.

I am hosting my 2nd challenge at CardMaker Card Swap this week. I'm calling my challenge, "Hidden Treasures" because the goal is to use something not designed for card making on your card. I used a torn piece of a dress pattern, some strands from an earring and a broken butterfly hairclip on my card.

Tuesday's Challenge at The Outlawz calls for 3 of my favorite colors: purple, pink and (my all-time fav) aqua. The twist to the challenge is to use something crocheted. I used an old (antique?) crocheted dress collar half. The bird images are by Fred She Said and the sentiment is one of my own.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the weather here has been wonderful - sunny and warm.

I hope you all have a beautiful week and find some time to enjoy the ones you love and the things you love to do.

Blessings,
Teresa

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are great.

Gemma said...

Lovely cards x

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Your cards are lovely Teresa!! and I was very intrigued by all the non-card supplies you used - very creative! Thanks for the warm welcome on The Outlawz - am your new follower too.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very pretty cards, I really like your fell better one, fantastic on both. Hugs, Lori m

Lee said...

Hi Theresa,

thank you for following my blog. What a lovely blog. Hugs, Lee