Monday, 19 September 2011

Lizards and butterflies

I colored up a few images over the weekend and made two cards today with a couple of them. My first card is for two challenges - the Greetings challenge at The Outlawz and the Make and Take Challenge at Crafting With Jack on CDAC.

The cute chameleon image is by Angela Hoynes of Crafting with Jack. The Greetings challenge at The Outlawz this week is to use dots on your creation. My DP circles are from SU, including the circle punch. The butterflies are from a punch, too. I colored Angela's cute lizard with markers, gel pens, flocking and clear embossing powder. I nearly gave up on him after my first coloring attempt. Then I remembered the advice of an artist friend, "There are no mistakes (in painting); only opportunities to do it differently." I am quite pleased with how the little guy turned out. I think I like him all the better for the challenge he gave me.

My next card uses a beautiful digital image from Just Inklined, which was provided for the Progressive Freebie Challenge at CDAC. I can't remember from whom I got the card template. If it is you, let me know and I will put a link to your blog in this post.

If you were entered in the draw for the My Memories software, or even if you weren't, you can get $10 off the software plus $10 to spend in the My Memories store. JUST USE THE CODE IN MY SIDEBAR when you go to checkout.

Thanks for everyone who took the time to congratulate Helen on her win. :)

Blessings,
Teresa

5 comments:

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,

I saw that you have posted a few new cards. I especially like the one with the sunflower.It's a lovely image and the card itself is also special with the sentiment in the middle.

Greetings, Wies

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are so great. TFS.

Shelby said...

Great cards, but the second one is fantastic! Great unique folds and the coloring of the image is wonderful and love the embossing! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Shelby

Kate said...

BEAUTIFUL Card. They all look awesome especially the flower. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Hugs,
kate

Donna Moore said...

Wowzer girl, some amazing work here!! So glad to sit back and soak up some of your inspiration, love the colors you used on the CDAC Progressive Challenge image and the Crafting with Jack image is so adorable!! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
donna
cdacpc/DT