Tuesday, 20 September 2011

A Few Simple Cards

Are you like me? Do you ever print out a myriad of digital images and color them up, but don't get around to making them into cards? There are challenges, after all, and the images you have already colored may not fit into those challenges. Ergo, extra images lying around and piled into a little box, waiting for a purpose. Poor little images. :'(

So, last night while I watched old episodes of "Seventh Heaven" on my computer, I gave some of those dear little images a purpose in their lives. Everyone needs a purpose, after all. Okay. This is getting weird. On to the cards.

My first card is an image by Stamp Fairy called, "Lenny". Isn't he adorable? I hopped over the their challenge blog and all I had to do to qualify was add some bling. I used some bling-a-licious stickers and a butterfly I cut from foil.

My next card is an accordion card and I can't find out who did the image. If you recognize it, please let me know so I can give credit to the artist. I paper-pieced the dress on the girl bear. My DPs are by K&C. I used an embossing folder and white embossing powder for the "Thinking of You" sentiment. I repeated a smaller image of the bears on an inside flap.


My 3rd card uses an Ellephantastic image which I have had colored up for a very long time. My DPs are by K&Company. I used my eyelet border punch (SU) to make some fancy edging and another punch (EK Success) for the border around the image. I took a picture of the card closed, so you can see that the back of the card extends beyond the front. Then I took another shot of it standing.
Roger Bear by Ellephantastic


My final card uses a Squigglefly image and this week's sketch at The Outlawz. I have had this image for a long time and I am so glad to finally get to use it. I colored it with Prisma pencils. Then I crumpled, inked and tore the paper around the image and mounted it onto a dark brown cardstock scalloped oval. The frame is from an embossing folder. I inked the edges of the crocheted flower with SU Perfect Plum ink. It feels like it is missing something to me, but I'm too tired now to figure it out. Plus, if I add something more it may no longer adhere to the sketch.

I hope you enjoy looking at these cards and that they inspire your own creativity. These cards were rather simple and easy to make. I think it is good to simplify things sometimes.

Blessings,
Teresa

PS - I have entered two of these cards to the Ready-Teddy-Go Autumn Colors Challenge. Thanks for the tip, Chrissy.

17 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW!! You look like you have been busy, although you say simple, still a lot of cutting and putting together. I dont have a lot of image coloured, but an enormous amount printed off, I colour and make as I go, unless the project is big...[ish]
Fabulous cards Teresa, you should enter them in Ready- teddy go, their challenge is Autumn bears...any bears
and you can enter up to 4 times till 29th Sept...thelast image is quite anemotional image, very lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cathy said...

Wow! Teresa, I'm impressed! You have been very busy! Your cards look great. Did you crochet the flower yourself? I never would have thought of inking the edges. Something new for me to try. Thanks for the ideas!

Gerda said...

Hon, I can imagine that you have been watching more than one epidose *lol*

So many cards, wow. Thanks for joining us at Stampfairy Challenge with the cute card you created using Teddy Lenny.

Good Luck.

Hugs, Gerda

Made by Mandy said...

I do have images coloured in. Sometimes when I'm not too good with the depression I will get together some images and colour them, not particularly intending to use them for anything special just for the joy of colouring them. When I am in a particularly dark place I just cannot make cards, I don't want any of what I am feeling to leak into the cards but it is a good time to concentrate on colouring and that lifts me out of the bad place and makes me happier.

Love Mandy xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Making cards and coloring images has been very good therapy for me too, Mandy; especially when I listen to something uplifting on my computer at the same time.
Love & Blessings,
Teresa

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow Teresa these are delightful! You sure have been busy!lol. And thanks for the glitter idea for my dragonfly card!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are some great cards.

Gemma said...

Lovely cards Thank you for joining us at Ready Teddy Go Challenge. Gemma x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

You have been very busy! Thank you for your lovely entry into our challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go. You have reminded me that I have this image too and really must colour it up!
Clare x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

I've just spotted your second entry - sweet Lenny. Many thanks for your support for our challenge.
Clare x

Annette said...

Wow, lots of teddies in here, just my favourite kind of cards. Yes I do have lots of images printed up ready, some are coloured, some are not. If I need to make a card, I will fill up the page with other images that I'm intending to 'get around to making up', and then I have loads of images because I forget what I've stamped up already. Love all your cards, but especially Lenny. I'm so addicted to StampFairy images. He's adorable, and love the bling. Annette (StampFairy DT) xx

Anita said...

Your cards are so adorable. Thank you for joining in the StampFairy challenge.

Ellephantastic said...

Beautiful cards x x

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely cards ! thanks for playing with stampfairy,
have a nice day,
greetings,
martina (stampfairy dt)
x

Jess Willison said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Fairy!

Larissa said...

Such cute cards. I also have a lot of images printed, waiting to be coloured.now i wish i could be so organised that i could turn them all in cards..lol. Love all the bears on your cards, they are all fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the stampfairy challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Daniele said...

lovely cards thanks for joining us at Ready-teddy-Go this month
hugs