Saturday, 6 August 2011

Two New Cards

What a beautiful day it has been here on Prince Edward Island. My DH and I went yard sale shopping this morning and picked up some terrific bargains, including a deluxe food dehydrator for $10 and a 3-CD stereo system for $35 that works great.

I made two cards today for challenges at Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  The first card is for the Say It With Scripture challenge. It uses a scripture digi from SNSS and an image by children's author/illustrator, Elizabeth Dulemba. I made the leaf paper with a combination of stenciling, inking & embossing. The DPs are from SU and the buckle was in my stash. I inked and embossed it to spruce it up a bit.


My 2nd card is for the SNSS "Crazy For Cocoa" weekly challenge. Cocoa is a little mouse that makes me go, "Awww.." all the time. This week's challenge is to use a ball on your card. I had this Cocoa image already colored and ready to go, so I added a ball of yarn. Hopefully that is acceptable for the challenge. If not, I still had fun making this card.

I made my own sentiment, though the words are far from original. The fancy frame is a SU stamp that I won in a silent auction at a SU party Thursday night. The ball of yarn image is clip art and the DP is from a new K&C paper pad I bought today. I faux stitched with a push pin and white gel pen around the card edge and DP edge. I hope you like Cocoa as much as I do.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. It really brightens my day. I don't always comment back here because I like to return the favour by commenting on your blog.

Have a wonderful rest of your day and I will probably talk to you tomorrow.

Blessings,
Teresa

8 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful cards, sounds like a really nice day you had, and a fantastic deal on the food dehydrator and stereo.

Hugs, Lori m

Chrissy said...

Two awesome cards Teresa, and wow!! love a bargain.Have not done bargain hunting for a long time, must get out there...
'One mans trash is another mans treasure'love it...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what great cards.

Valerie said...

Great cards Teresa and Cocoa is too cute!! glad you're having a nice day it's very squally here, so much for summer. Talking this week to my friend on Cape Breton island and she says they have had no summer so we were very lucky with our visit last year:-)
Val x

Valerie said...

Great cards Teresa and Cocoa is too cute!! glad you're having a nice day it's very squally here, so much for summer. Talking this week to my friend on Cape Breton island and she says they have had no summer so we were very lucky with our visit last year:-)
Val x

Teresa Arsenault said...

As of today we have two nice summer days in a row! Woo-hoo! We take what we can get out here on the (sort of north) Atlantic Ocean.

Thanks for your kind comments, Valerie, Lori, Chrissy and Rhonda.

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Carol L said...

Your cards are both VERY cute, but your creativity in adding a ball of yarn for the C4C challenge just blew me away! I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Crazy4Cocoa& friends challenge this week! I hope you'll join us again for the next challenge too :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks Carol. I'm just glad my ball of yarn qualifies for the challenge. :D