Friday, 12 August 2011

Two Cards & Some Happy News

I got my housework taken care of this morning and had the afternoon to play. I made two cards, both for Card Swap's Summer's End Crop.

One challenge was to make a card using only white. I used two different embossing folders, snow white embossing powder and Nestabilities die cuts. I also used my SU 2-step bird punch, some ribbon and fabric flowers with pearl centers.

The other card I made follows a sketch challenge. I used a vintage image from Digital 2 For Tuesday and the sentiment is one of my own. I used Nestabilities die cuts and an EK border punch.


I said I was going to share some happy news with you today, didn't I? But really I'm very tired. I should go straight to bed. I can always tell you tomorrow or the next day, or the day after that.

How be I just give you the first part of the news? Then maybe tomorrow I will tell you the rest.

Some of you may remember that I had a foster rabbit here for the last month or so. I named her Opal and was trying to find a home for her. Last week someone took her, but returned her a few days later as it didn't work out. It turns out they brought her back the very same day that Neelix passed away.

Though she does not normally like to be handled, Opal let me hold her for over an hour that evening while I cried. I was actually thinking at that time that maybe I would keep her.

It turned out that was a one-time thing. I came to the firm conclusion today that Opal does not want to be a pet/house rabbit. I called up a lady with a small rabbitry and she said she would take Opal. She has a really nice little barn with good natural light and ventilation. Everything looked clean and in good repair and all the rabbits looked bright and content.

Opal settled into her new cage very well and she seemed much more relaxed than I have yet seen her. She let her new owner pet her, without flinching and seemed very much at ease. I think she liked having the other rabbits around her.

Well, that is it for Part One of my happy news. I am off to bed now.

Blessings,
Teresa

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well, that is a lovely bit of news...not sure I like to wait for the rest...but I will be patient...lol.And people say 'Dumb animals' they are more knowing than you or I, and she sensed your need and allowed that little moment to happen...
Love your white card, very elegant..and lovley bright card for the second one.Sweet image.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Made by Mandy said...

Oh what a shame Opal didn't like to be handled but how fortunate that she let you share cuddles right at the very time you needed them. Serendipity and things happening for a reason......

Good news that she has a new home and seems to have settled immediately.

Now you little tease, can't wait for part 2 of your good news :)

Love Mandy xxx

p.s. Thank you so much for your lovely words on my blog. I am not a religious person but I have been told I am quite spiritual. I had a complete breakdown in 2005 and was suicidal. This bout of depression I realised I was slipping and was able to ask for help before it got too bad. I have learnt a lot about myself and this I hope will be the last time I go through things like this in my life.

Before I was diagnosed I was one of the most sceptical people regarding mental health, I never though I, mrs happy despite the trauma in my life would succumb, depression was for sappy people who needed to pull themselves together.... needless to say I am a lot more understanding and less judgemental of other people and I know this experience has changed me for the better.

I am quite open because someone needs to be. There are a lot of people who suffer in silence and there is such a massive stigma attached to it even now. If I can help even one person feel better about themselves I feel I have done some good in the world.

Your words meant a lot to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

Peggy T. said...

Hi Teresa, I found you through the Outlawz Forum. I've looked around you blog and it's beautiful. I am now a follower.

Sharon Jones said...

Your cards are great and the Jack's video is the BOMB!!! Love it!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks for all of your comments. Sorry for the teasing, but you might forgive me when you read Part II.

Blessings,
Teresa