Monday, 22 August 2011

Bunnies

Nahla

Kess
I am still recovering from my latest fibromyalgia flair up, but I did get my laundry done and a few other things, including getting Kess and Nahla out for some free time. I don't think either bunny did any oh-ohs and I did see little Nahla using the litter box. I was also very pleased that Kess did not chase Nahla this time - much. She mostly ignored her, which is a definite improvement.

I changed my heading picture to one of my friendship afghan. It has a little story to go with it. Seven years ago my DH and I left our hometown of Sarnia, Ontario to move to Prince Edward Island. I had heard about friendship quilts, where friends exchange quilt squares. My friend knits and I crochet. I figured we could do the same thing and have a lasting memento of our friendship.

So, from January 2003 - December 2003 each month I crocheted two identical squares, while my friend knitted two identical squares. We each kept one square and mailed the other. By the end of the year we each had 24 squares - 12 knitted and 12 crocheted. It was a little tricky piecing it together because the squares were not all the same size. Some were not even square. But I did manage to get it together.

My friendship afghan is one of my most prized possessions. Every time I snuggle under it or straighten it over the back of my couch, I think of Nancy and how much her friendship means to me.

Blessings,
Teresa

6 comments:

Sara I. said...

What a fabulous blankie and clever way to preserve your friendship ! Love it!
ps - Sorry to hear that you suffer with Fibro as well. Will keep you in my prayers for better days! gentle hugsxx

Chrissy said...

Your wee bunnies are so cute..and a beautiful way to preserve your friendship with a friendship blanket, and uneven squares are only words, it's what has been put into it makes it pricless.
So sorry to hear you have been unwell,Me too, but we are fighters eh! Teresa, nothing will hold us down for long...we have too much to do, and too many fur babies to love.
Take care...

Luv CHRISSYxx

NanaConnie said...

The friendship afghan is such a great idea! You did a great job piecing it all together. Love the new photos of your fuzzy babies. Before you know it, you'll find them curling up together for the afternoon naps. :-)

Reflections from Granny said...

Feel better, Fibro is a major life downer at times. Love your babies, they are just the sweetest faces ever.

Hugs, Lori m

Yes, lol, Money can grow on trees, thanks for stopping by my blog and I sure hope my brother plants his tree in hopes it sprouts roots. ;)

Yollie, the human of Fairy Castle Farm said...

Hi Teresa,

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Our princess is doing very well, thank you very much. It was very scary at the time and something we will need to be ontop of for some time yet.

Sorry to hear you suffer from Fibro. I hope you are feeling better. God bless you.

I love your blog am now a member. Your bunnies are very adorable - it is a pleasure to meet them ;o)

From Yollie

Teresa Arsenault said...

Yollie, thanks so much for commenting and for following. It is always nice to connect with another bunny mom.

Blessings,
Teresa