Sunday, 7 August 2011

Poor Little Bunny :(

I just finished syringe feeding my angora rabbit, Neelix. He hadn't eaten anything all day and he wasn't drinking either. I noticed his appetite was a little off this weekend, but he seemed otherwise okay. I phoned the EM line at the vet's and she seemed to think he would be okay until the morning. She suggested putting some pellets, pineapple and water in the food processor and syringe feeding it to him. I had already given him some Gatorade in a syringe and it seemed to help somewhat.

The poor little fella. He just sits in one spot and refuses to eat even his favorite treats. I fed him about 30 mls. of rabbit pellet puree so at least he has something in him. Barring a miracle, we will be taking him into the vet's first thing in the morning. Poor little bunny. I sure hope he is going to be okay. I love that fluffy bunny.

No cards today.

Blessings,
Teresa

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute bunny. I hope he gets feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I am sending my best thoughts to you Neelix, feel better soon, you are loved too much to be sick...

Reflections from Granny said...

Tossing prayers for little Neelix that he feels better soon, hugs, Lori m

Chrissy said...

Poor little bunny, hope he gets well soon, he may have a blockage, has he done poopsies after you feeding him...should be.If he hasn't ...we used to put drops of cooking oil in their mixture to move anything...just a thought.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nana Connie said...

The animals who share their lives with us are so much family to us, and it's distressing when they're sick. Saying prayers that he'll be fine.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks Connie. He seems to be on the mend now. I am so thankful.