Thursday, 11 August 2011

Only One Project Today

I had a very busy day today, taxi-ing my son around most of the morning and babysitting all afternoon. But I did manage to complete one project which I entered into three challenges: Card Swap's Summer's End CropCDAC Progressive Challenge; and The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge.

The Summer's End Crop challenge I chose to do today was to make a bookmark. Hence, my project is a bookmark. I used an image from the CDAC Progressive Challenge for August so my project qualified for that. Lastly, The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge was to use fabric on a project. I used fabric ribbon on my bookmark in two places so I entered it into that challenge too. Not bad for one little bookmark.

The sentiment on the bookmark is from Sugar Creek Hollow, including the little oval frame.  The image (I used two) is by Sandi Huggett of Sandi Samples.

I have been working on Sandi's Tea Service images all week. First I found a close-up photo of a fushia flower so I could color the images as closely to the real thing as possible. I trimmed my fine china with a gold gel pen. That was the easy part. Next I used Crystal Effects on each item and waited, and waited, and waited some more. Actually, I left them overnight. The cups weren't too hard, but the Crystal Effects tended to pool in one spot, especially on the teapots. I printed out and colored three and only ended up with one image that I was halfway satisfied with. I did eight teacups and ended up with six good ones. I have used two on my bookmark. I'll include a close-up of the teacup so you can see how nice and shiny it turned out.

I hope lots of you were able to pick up my sentiments. I would love to feature your projects that you make using my sentiments.

Blessings,
Teresa


4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great bookmark.

Roxann said...

This is so lovely, Teresa. I just found out you lost a pet, and I am so sorry. It is always a sad and hard time. But....to know the love of animals makes the heartache worth it!
Love,
Roxann

Teresa Arsenault said...

You are right there, Roxann.

Shelby said...

What a wonderful bookmark and very creative way to use the images...love it! Thanks for joining us at CDAC Progressive Challenge and hope you'll play along again for the next challenge.

Shelby