Tuesday, 30 August 2011

One Card, one challenge

I've been so busy tweaking everything for my first contest the last couple of days, I've hardly had time for anything else. If you are having any problems linking or understanding how to enter, please contact me at teresaa@eastlink.ca and I will walk you through it. I've tweaked my entry instructions already to make it, hopefully, more clear to everyone what they need to do, but I am on a learning curve. I thank you for your patience while I work all the bugs out.

I did manage to get one card done for this week's Anything Goes challenge at CardMaker Card Swap . The challenge  is to use newsprint on your card front. I've seen people do this with marvelous results, but it is definitely out of my comfort zone.

Then I remembered that my cousin recently sent me a newspaper from Scotland, where he lives. I started clipping from the classifieds and created a collage on plain white cardstock. Once it was all glued down, I cut out a couple of shapes with my Nesties. I used one on this card and the other went into my stash.

I had already completed the image for the card over the weekend. It is a vintage image that I got over at Digital Two For Tuesday. Cora is very generous with the images she collects from vintage catalogs and magazines. Right now she has vintage dress pattern adverts for the taking. Make sure to leave her some love if you take them.

This card is a gatefold. I put one of my own sentiments on the inside flap. I think it goes humorously well with the image, don't you?

Blessings,
Teresa






3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image Teresa..great colouring.Love the way you used the news paper clippings, gives a real vintage look.Very pretty card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

~Tammy~ said...

Very unique and I love the gatefold!

Gail said...

what a wonderful idea for a card teresa!!..i love everything about this art..tfs..loves ya