Monday, 1 August 2011

New Sentiments Today

I remember the time when I only dreamed of having a handy stash of homemade cards, ready for any occasion. Now I find myself cramming cards into my over-stuffed file box and worrying about causing them damage. It was time for a plan.

A lot of crafters donate their lovely creations to nursing homes or send them to the troops overseas. I have been giving that some consideration and I may go that route if I still have too many cards, but I wanted to try a more personal approach first.

So I got out my church directory this morning and I started leafing through the pages, praying as I did. There were already some people on my heart after seeing them at church yesterday.

One lady always has a lovely smile for everyone she meets. Another woman is a big encourager and a loyal friend, especially to those who don't feel good about themselves. A man who works (almost) tirelessly behind the scenes in the church had a rough week and could use a pat on the back. A dear lady is full of God's grace and sincere affection for others. A precious widow is having a birthday and so is a cheery little girl in our Sunday School.

All of them are getting cards this week, each one handpicked just for them. My card box is a little lighter and so is my heart. (My wallet too. Postage - YIKES!) I do believe I will make this a Monday morning tradition from now on. What a great way to start my week.

And now I have a little blessing for you. In the course of making up sentiments for the cards I sent out today (I usually leave the insides blank), I came up with an original sentiment. Another one followed, and then another, and another. Here they are in JPEG and PNG formats. I hope you enjoy them. I would love to see what you create with them. (Please do not share them directly; send people to my blog for them. If you make something with them, please give credit to Tickell Expressions with a link to this blog. Thank you.)

Blessings
Teresa
JPEG

PNG

JPEG

PNG


JPEG

PNG


JPEG

PNG




JPEG

PNG



5 comments:

Valerie said...

What a lovely idea Teresa, my card box is also very full so may have to copy your idea:)
Val x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Copy away, Valerie. Everyone's world could use another smile. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sentiments. I have been doing the same thing. Trying to help brighten a few lives as they are struggling.

Sharon Keanly said...

What a stunning idea Teresa. Your idea is fabulous. Think I'm going to contact my church office to spread a little bit of joy to those who are not feeling well. You see how you've inspired someone else now. Excellent work honey. You will get so much MORE in return, never mind the lighter wallet... lol God will provide in another way, you'll see. hugs Sharon

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sharon, I am so PLEASED that you are inspired by my idea. Thanks bunches for all your encouraging words. Hugs back, Teresa