Friday, 5 August 2011

A Day For Daisies

Here I am blogging at the end of a long day, with just barely enough time to fit it in. It looks like I finally found a home for my foster rabbit, Opal. I hope she will be happy. Goodbye Opal. I will miss you, but I can't say I will miss the extra work of a 3rd rabbit. At least this experience has settled it for me that TWO really are enough.

By grabbing snatches of time here and there today, I did manage to put together two new cards. Both use A Day For Daisies images that I had pre-colored.

The first I call, "Silver Cinderella" because I gave her silver hair. (Can you guess why?) At least I attempted to do so. I am not very good at coloring hair - YET.

I did this card for the POM challenge at The Outlawz this week. The challenge is to make your own DP. I made mine by sponging an embossing folder with Versa Mark and running it through my BigShot with a piece of white cardstock. Then I sprinkled on Moonglow embossing powder and heat set it. Next I lightly sponged Green Pear (SU) ink onto the leaves and vines. I finished by chalking the birds and other random spots with a sky blue pastel. I spritzed the whole thing with hairspray and used my heat gun on it again. I really like how it turned out. A bit of ribbon, pearls and flowers later and of course, that gorgeous ADFD image, and my creation was done.

My next card was quite a bit more challenging, but well worth the effort. It is a tri-fold shutter card. I saw one on a CDAC group today and was determined to figure it out. I found a tutorial, and after scratching my head in confusion multiple times, I finally got it figured out. The design was perfect for another ADFD image & sentiment set called, "Star Sleeper". What a lovely card it will make for a new baby boy. It think I will try this fold again soon so I don't forget how to do it. Once you figure it out, it really is quite simple. I hope you like the result.

Well, tomorrow is Saturday and you know what that means - YARD SALES, here I come! I'll be up early and in search of treasures, especially those I can use on my cards.

Blessings,
Teresa

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What lovely cards. I just love the coloring. TFS.

Purple Card Lady said...

Lovely creation Teresa! Thanks for joining us for ADFD fancy fold challenge.

Tracy said...

You did a wonderful job with your tri-fold card Teresa! That fold makes a beautiful card but it does take a little brain work doesn't it. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week for the challenge at ADFD!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks Tracy. :D

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks Rhonda & Candy.

Anne Fenton said...

Beautiful card Teresa....I love your fold.
hugz
Anne