Tuesday, 16 August 2011

A Couple of Challenges

Well, I was away from home a fair bit today, plus doing housework this morning, but I did manage to squeeze in a couple of cards for challenges.

Tonight at midnight is the deadline for getting projects posted for the Summer's End Crop at Card Swap. I was not able to complete all of the challenges. I did get at least one per day, though. For this card I had to use three 'ingredients' from a Tic-tac-toe list. The three I chose were embossing, flower and stamp. I embossed the front of my card form and also used a beautiful embossed paper that I have had in my stash for a very long time. My flower is part of the embossed paper. The stamp is my own digital word art.

My next card is for the Greetings challenge at The Outlawz this week. The challenge is to use a bird of some kind. That is right up my alley. I love birds. Plus I had planned to feature this cute image from Doodle Pantry this week anyway. The sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs.

My DH, DS and I went to see the new Planet of the Apes movie tonight. I was a little concerned that it would be overly violent, similar to Jurassic Park, but it wasn't too bad that way. The story and characters were very compelling. It was one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen this year; surprisingly heartwarming. If you liked the original PotA, you will like this one.

Blessings my friends,
Teresa


8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both so cute.

Chrissy said...

Well, to start with, that would be the most adorable photo at the top of your blog....and you have two very pretty cards Teresa, that little chick is so sweet, with his big beaky grin...very cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon Basel said...

This is a beautiful card! I just love your bright and sunny colors, the wonderful layout and your fabulous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry!

The photo at the top of your blog is absolutely adorable too!

Nana Connie said...

Teresa, These cards are just too precious! You should be submitting your second card over at Heart Song Inspirations for their Animal theme challenge. It goes until Sunday evening. :-)

Valerie said...

That photo at the top of your blog makes me smile! Both cards are fab Teresa, I love the vintage paper and embellishments on the first one and the chick is so cute I'm going to have to search him out!
Val x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks everyone for all of your lovely comments and for the tip, Connie. I will hopefully get over to your blogs tomorrow. Today I woke up with severe muscle spasms and this is the first I can sit up. Typing is a challenge.
Blessings to all,
Teresa

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I do love your birdie card and all the beautiful embellishments. Thanks for joining the DPDC#15 challenge!

The picture of the little boy in his nightly prayer and his dog beside him is priceless.

Laurie said...

This bird is always so cheerful in yellow. Love the papers and elements you used! Thanks for playing along and joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 15! Your complimentary image is being emailed today.