Thursday, 21 July 2011

A Wonderful Day

Yesterday finished off our church's 3-day VBS. At the end, the children requested another worship song. I was busy making balloons animals in another room, but the sweet Presence of Holy Spirit and the voices of the children drew me into the room with them. The adults (including parents) stood behind them in awe as almost everyone of them raised their hands & voices to the Lord in sincere worship. It was a priceless moment that I won't soon forget.

It was a wonderful 3 days, but tiring for me. Last night I was ready for bed by 7 o'clock. After doing my bedtime routine (brushing teeth, washing face, etc.), I read and prayed for a while and then was sound asleep by shortly after 8. I had nearly 12 hours of sleep and lingered in bed until 9:30. It was lovely.

When I got up to shower, my DH had left a worship CD playing in the bathroom. How lovely to start my day with worship. I fully intended to spend my afternoon making cards, but dishes, laundry, pet care duties and other responsibilities got in the way of my play. I announced at the supper table that I would be spending the evening making cards. But I've had a tug on my heart lately to spend some time painting while listening (and singing) to worship music.

So that's what I did for the first half of my evening. It had been a long time since I took a brush to canvas. I chose a canvas I had previously prepared with an outline of Christ's face in a thick medium. As I worshiped, the details of His face began to form under my brushes as though I were being guided. Oh, how I have missed that! I am not an artist and I have no training whatsoever. But I do find a connection with God through art. I feel as though I am reaching for Him through the colors, textures and movements of my brushes and tools. For me, it is a form of worship.

Well, it turns out I did have a little time to put together one card. Anne Fenton has been offering many of her digital images as freebies on her blog and on The Outlawz Free Digis group. I made a gatefold card with one of her digis and a sentiment from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique. I hope you like it.


Tomorrow housework is on the agenda, but I am going to try to get another card done with a digi by Sandi Huggett of Sandi's Samples. She also offers her images at The Outlawz.

Blessings,
Teresa







No comments: