Friday, 29 July 2011

Three Quick Ones and a Sentiment

Did you ever have one of those days where it seems like you never can get anything finished that you started? That's how my day was going and then I decided to crank off some cards as fast as I could. I managed to do three, with a little help from my friends at The Outlawz and Card Swap weekly challenges.


Card #1 uses a sketch at Card Swap and my new buttons die from SU. I made up a sentiment for it, which I will post here for the taking. This one will go to my brother in Ontario who is having gall bladder surgery at the end of this month.

JPEG  






PNG
























Card #2 I did for The Outlawz CAS (clean & simple) challenge. This was my first CAS card. It was really hard not to dive for my ribbon and embellishments, let me tell you. The card still looks rather naked to me, but it is what it is. I used one of my sentiments on this card.


 Card #3 was done for a special friend who is celebrating his 65th today. He and his wife love to go jive dancing every weekend, so the little juke box was the perfect embellishment for him. I made the card according to the specifications of two The Outlawz challenges - Greetings and Color. Another part of the color challenge was to add doodles, so I added some musical notes and faux stitching.

My laundry is still not done, but hey - I got three cards completed - so my day was successful. :)

I hope you have enjoyed these and that you all have a fabulous weekend.

Blessings,
Teresa



3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What great cards. Thank you for the sentiment.

Chrissy said...

Hello Teresa, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog this morning, so glad you became a follower, and I for you also, lovely CAS cards...I do love to do CAS cards but just so busy lately...will get stuck into them again soon.I'm a member of the 'outlawz' bit still finding my way round...Thanks again.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,
I know the feeling you describe. But you did finish three cards! I like the one with the buttons the most. Nice sentiment. A pity I can't use it so well in Holland.
Greetings, Wies