Friday, 1 July 2011

Reminicsing

A new friend gave me the idea to share with you on a more personal level today. You can consider this an introduction, especially to my many new followers, whom I so appreciate.

Prince Edward Island, Canada, has been my home for the last 7 years. I was born & raised in Ontario, but the Island was the first place that really felt like home to me. It was an adventure in itself how my DH and I ended up out here. If you want details, you can PM me. Perhaps I will blog about it later, if a number of you want to hear.

I love to listen to worship music, especially when I paint. I am not an artist, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love colors. Even when I was a child, different colors appealed to me in different ways. I used to play with pencil crayons as though they were people. The sizes and colors dictated gender, age and personality to me. Today, when I paint, I use the colors as an expressive form of worship. The brushes, spatulas or other tools help me to express various emotions, strong or gentle.

From the time I was in a stroller I used to make up stories in my head. When I was about 9 years old I learned to write them down. From that time forth I knew I wanted to be a writer. I have had a number of things published, but not yet a book, although I've had a completed novella for years in a file drawer.

Over the last 4 years life has dealt me some very hard blows and I have lost some of the creative abilities I used to have, including writing & ventriloquism. In the last year, since I ceased to work outside of my home, I have been slowly recapturing some of the creativity I had lost. Blogging is my baby step to getting back into writing. I am also working up the courage to pull out at least one of my puppets for a VBS this month. I have not been able to start crocheting again - YET - but I have faith that everything that was lost will someday return again.
Of course, I LOVE making cards. It has been the one saving grace when all my other creative abilities seemed to have left. I think of the bible verse in Job where Job says, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." With each creative ability that was stripped from me, another came to take its place. I believe that every one that was lost will come back again and I will still have all the new ones besides.

So that is my creative self in summary. It has been a journey. I would love to hear about your creative journey, too.

Hugs,

Teresa

2 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Loved reading your post today Teresa. blessings Sharon

Trina said...

Teresa, I'm happy you're still creating! Have a great weekend!