Wednesday, 27 July 2011

A Lovely Day

I had a lovely day today with my family. We had our mid-day meal at Miss Daisy's Tea Room in Summerside with my sweet MIL, SIL, BIL & his wife, along with my DH & DS. If you ever come to the Island (Prince Edward Island) and want a homey atmosphere and incredible food, you have to visit Miss Daisy's. They also run a B&B out of the same building.

Then we browsed the new art display of local artist Lucie Bellemare. Her new work is out of this world! Just when I thought she couldn't possibly get any better, she brings her art up to a whole new level.

We later had a nice supper at home with my MIL and SIL - BBQ chicken, spaghetti squash and BBQ cooked Red potatoes & vegetables. We topped the meal off with strawberry shortcake with fresh Island strawberries and whipped cream from our local dairy farms.We ended our meal with a scripture reading and prayer.

Good food, good conversation and good family. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Of course, to top the day off right, I just HAD to make another card. This one uses an image by A Day For Daisies. I love their motherhood images. It also uses one of my own sentiments, displayed in a clip art frame. If you missed my freebie sentiments, you can pick them up here and here.

Blessings,
Teresa


7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Teresa, sounds like you had an awesome day and that meal makes me hungry again, LOL! Love spaghetti squash! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs, Sarah

Starla B. said...

Sound like your day was absolutely lovely! Your card is adorable...I really like ADFD's mother images, too. Well...all of their images, really. LOL It's just beautiful, and your sentiment is wonderful.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. TFS.

Laine said...

Hi Teresa
Your card is lovely and I thank you for your kind comments. Your blog is a joy to read.
Laine X

Wies said...

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I am following your blog now. Thanks for sharing your sentiments. Especially the sentiment on this card with mother and child.
Greeting, Wies

Reflections from Granny said...

Hi Teresa,

Sounds like a lovely day, someday if I make it there I"ll have to dine at Miss Daisy's Tea room.

Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing your pretty things. Hugs, Lori m

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

great card and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at ADFD.