Friday, 22 July 2011

A Card For Sandi


Sandi Huggett of Sandi's Samples has been very generous with her digis on her blog and on The Outlawz Free Digis group. She draws a wide variety of images from funny cartoons (You should see her WonderBabe) to monster trucks to the delicate 2-part butterflies that I used on my card.

I used her outline image on the bottom and layered it with the detailed image. Of course, two butterflies are better than one, so I colored them (with dye-ink markers) each differently.

The little squares are tiles I bought last week at a yard sale. The people had an interior design store that went out of business. I bought a display board of the shiny & iridescent tiles for $2. The only problem is taking them all off. It might take a while.

The gold net was also a yard sale find. I think I paid a quarter or it might have been a freebie; I can't remember exactly.

The sentiment is mine. I'd like to try coming up with more original sentiments and verses. My DH bought me a Font software package a few weeks ago which is really nice. It would be even nicer to be able to create sentiments with different shapes and designs. That is something I would like to learn to do.

Thanks to everyone who has been faithfully following this blog and leaving lots of love for me. It really does brighten my day. I'm trying to think of something nice I can do for you. Any suggestions?

Well, tomorrow morning I will head into the wild of yard sale-ing once more to see what other interesting things I can find. Just wondering - do any of you look for card materials or embellishments in non-traditional places?

Blessings,
Teresa








12 comments:

Valerie said...

Fab card Teresa love all your scrappy finds, absolutely brilliant. Thanks for your comments on my blog, it's not me who's clever it's a program called Craft Artist by Serif and they have some free programs on the following site:
http://www.serif.com/digital-scrapbooking/
Just noticed where you live, wow I was there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. it was our 2nd visit to Nova Scotia but we didn't have time to visit PEI so had to return:) Lobster suppers mmm!! I'm now a follower:)
Val x

Reflections from Granny said...

Very pretty, I love your style and all the different layers you add to the cards.

:) Hugs, Lori m

Trina said...

Just beautiful! I know Sandi will be super happy to see her digi on such an awesome creation!

Dana said...

I love what you've done with Sandi's fabulous digi's!! I will certainly be checking some yard/garage sales now ; ) Wonderful embellishments!! I love playing with fonts and graphics too and yours is just too sweet!
Hugs~
Dana

Jane H said...

Teresa I know that Sandi is thrilled with you sponsoring her and the Outlawz on your blog this is just beautiful.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks bunches, Jane. I like to promote such generous artists whenever I can.

Blessings,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hi Valerie!

Thanks for following and for the info on online classes to improve my skills.

One of the main attractions on PEI for Islanders is the Dairy Bar season. I'm sure we have the best soft ice cream on the planet. The cream comes from local dairy farmers and is as pure as it can come. YUM! It's the undoing of me in the summer, but worth every extra pound. :D

Thanks for your comments. I picked up another yard sale find today - wood grain vinyl shelf liner 25 cents. I'm planning to do some die cuts with it for sure.

Blessings,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thank you, Lori. That is one of the nicest compliments I have received. Even though this card has butterflies, the gold net puts me in mind of the sea.

Blessings,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

Awww, Trina, that is so sweet of you to say. Bless your heart.

Hugs,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

Thanks bunches, Dana. I'm so glad you like my sentiment. All the best to you in finding lots of treasures on your own yard sale adventures.

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Thistleblue said...

Good evening Teresa, thanks for visiting my blog and taking part in the Ellephantastic Hop, hope you enjoyed it?
Thanks also for your lovely comments, it's been a while since I visited Rothesay, it used to be a holiday place we visited when I was a child with my grandparents, lots of fabulous memories.
thanks also for the info that my follow button was hard to find, I'd been playing around with the layout of my blog and never realised it had been hidden away... it's now at the very top :-)

your cards are really pretty, I'm loving those tiles. I tend to look everywhere for item's I can use in my crafting from recycling everyday items to car boots and charity shops. The only problem is I have tonnes of stash and I'm slowing pushing hubbie out of his half of the office :-) hope you've had a wonderful weekend?
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of yourself. I'm glad my advice about your follower button was useful.

I'm glad you like the tiles. I think they're pretty cool, too. It's nice to hear that someone else likes to find crafting items in sundry and unusual places. I think it's more fun that way.

But.... I, too, am in danger of shoving my poor husband out of our shared office if I get much more 'stash'. It's sounds like your hubby is as patient as mine... but they do have limits, dear souls. LOL!

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa