Monday, 23 May 2011

NEW CREATIONS

This weekend I discovered that I can use my plastic stencils in my BigShot machine to do embossing. I had to fiddle around a bit to get the right thickness, but it turned out pretty good. Here is a card I made with one of my plastic stencils that has been sitting in my craft drawer forever. I sponged SU Cherry Cobbler ink over the embossing, added some ribbon and embellishments and voila!

The other cards I did for challenges at CardMaker's Sunny Days Crop.

 The pregnant lady is a digital image by Angie Whalley. The baby in the flower pot is an image by Sliekje Stamps.



My next card was a challenge to use a frog image. This cute little guy is a clipart image. I flipped the image and then made two of each. I ran the top images through my Big Shot with my Swiss dots embossing folder. I mounted the flat images on white scalloped circles and inked the white with a light blue. I mounted everything on the card accept for the DANCE  scalloped circle. Then I stamped sentiments all over the card, going off the edges in places. Finally I mounted the DANCE sentiment with foam tape and the embossed frogs over the flat frogs, also using foam tape. The final touch was to glue dot on googly eyes.

The next challenge was to make a GET WELL card without using the phrase, "GET WELL". I just happened to have a "bee well" stamp with a little bumble bee. I was also supposed to use blue on the card, so I added blue flowers and butterflies. These were all card candy that I made ahead when I was in the card candy making mood months ago. I added a strip of 'grass' to the bottom and used die cuts for the leaves.

The next challenge I did was to incorporate ice cream. That is perfect timing since this month all the Dairy Bars on Prince Edward Island have opened up. They have the best soft ice cream you will find anywhere and I LOVE soft ice cream.

My little 'cone' head is a clip art image. You probably can't read my sentiments. The top one says, "I frequent the bars"; the bottom says, "Dairy bars, that is."

Finally, I would like to say a prayer for our neighbours in the United States who are experiencing such devastation after another barrage of tornadoes ripped through the center of the Country.

"Lord, have mercy. God, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Amen."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! Very creative!
they are each a work of art! I would like to see a bunny one:D !!!
deb jennings

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hi Debby,

There is a bunny card. It is in the post called, "Big Crop at CardMaker..."

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Comments always brighten my day. :)
Teresa