Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Bunnies on the Brain

Yesterday I received my Mother's Day present - a beautiful blue English Angora bunny. Kess is 8 weeks old and is adorable.

Last week I was introduced to Crafty Sentiments Designs when  I won 3 of their digis on Ellephantastic's challenge. I chose two adorable bunny images and with them made these cards.


For the first card I colored the image with water-based markers and cut it out, cutting the butterfly separately. Then I stained a scrap piece of cardstock with water & chalks. I pasted the image, minus the butterfly on the stained cardstock and cut it out, leaving a tiny border. I punched a 1 3/4 inch circle out of white cardstock and a 2 3/8 inch scalloped circle out of a patterned mat paper. I embossed the white circle with my perfect petals embossing folder. I used a specialty yarn to add texture and mounted the image to the circle with foam tape for dimension. I stamped my sentiment on pearlescent vellum and attached it with flower brads. The sentiment looks blurry in the picture, because of the sheen, but it is actually fine. I love the image, but for all the work I put into it, I am not overly pleased with the result. That's the way it goes for any kind of art, I guess.

Today's video on Stamp TV and the weekly challenge at CardMaker Card Swap inspired this design. I used scraps of cardstock, along with another adorable bunny image from Crafty Sentiments.

I used four different embossing folders and one pair of specialty scissors on my cardstock scraps. I printed two identical images, one on white and one on a patterned digital paper. I colored the white image with water-based markers and carefully cut out the bag from the patterned paper. I used a craft knife and SU paper snips to cut out the inside of the handles.  I think I'll call this one - HAVE BUNNY, WILL TRAVEL. Maybe I should get a bag like this to carry my bunny around with me, eh? ;)

No comments: