Thursday, 7 April 2011

Spring Challenges!

I'm still wearing my winter coat and a few flakes make a struggling appearance every now and again -- BUT SPRING IS HERE! And what better time to spring back into a few card making challenges.

This one is from the Card Maker Card Swap group, called, "Finding Your Inner Picaso". The challenge is to make your own designer paper using a stamp. Here are the supplies (plus a brayer, cardstock and a heat gun) I started with for my card:





Oops! I forgot to mention that I also used SU VersaMark to stamp my 'kissy lips' images. Then I sprinkled on a generous helping of Martha Stewart garnet embossing powder. I set the images with my heat gun. Then I went over the whole thing with my SU brayer and Memento black dye ink. Here (left) is the resulting designer paper.



I mounted my designer paper on black textured cardstock. I made a 4 1/4" x 6" card from light blue cardstock. I picked out some stamps to describe my DH and stamped them all around the edges of the card, purposely going off the edge in some places and stamping on different angles, vertically & horizontally. I mounted the 'lips' sheet in the center of the card front and added "YOU" stamped on a die-cut label. A ribbon and a few embellishments later, and voila!

No comments: