Friday, 29 April 2011

CDAC Challenges

Crafters Digital Art Center is currently running some great challenges. There are free digital images to go with the challenges, as well as lots of chances to win a prize. I did three cards today for three of their challenges.

Other Themed Challenge: Hosted by Guylou's Inimitability who gave this beautiful bride and groom image for the challenge, with William & Kate's wedding as the inspiration.

I decided to go with a tone on tone blues and white with this card, something I almost never do. I like how it turned out.

The castle in the background is a public domain clipart image. The sentiment is by Raindrop Echo Designs. Of course, the whole thing is inspired by Prince William & Kate's wedding today, right down to the diamond surrounded 'sapphire' to represent Kate's ring.


Color Challenge: Hosted by Heart Song Designs; the colors are pink, green, blue and neutrals of white, cream or kraft. Leah also created this darling bird image and offered it as a freebie for the challenge.

I love the soft colors, and the flowery rick-rack (a dollar store find) I had in my stash goes perfectly with the K&C background paper. I finally picked up that K&C paper pack I've been eyeing for such a long time.

Sketch Challenge: Hosted by Mami Doodles, features a great sketch and a cute baby in a buggy image. I like how the buggy seems to have antennae for handles. So cute.
For any of my artsy friends, CDAC now has a Create A Digi challenge. It is a great place to showcase your images and get people familiar with your site.

Blessings,
Teresa

No comments: