Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Card Swap Challenges

I made two cards today for Card Swap challenges. The link is at the top. The groups are usually small and the ladies are all very encouraging, making sure to give nice comments on each card. Compliments are always nice. :)

The first was done for a sketch challenge and I had a tough time pulling it together. I can't say I'm all that crazy about the end result, but I think it will make a cute child's birthday card.

The image is by Helen Lawrence of Ellephantastic. I love her sweet images and she is very generous with her freebies. Her link is in the right sidebar of this page.

My next card used a new (to me) technique using rubber bands. I've included the Utube link at the top of my page. I am very satisfied with the results. It really is a lovely technique and I plan to try it with different embossing powders and inks.

The flower is from my stash of card candy that I made when I was in the mood to do so, way back in August, I think. I usually color my images in batches too and then I have them whenever I want to put together a card. Someone suggested picking a background paper before coloring the images. I thought it was a good idea, but I don't think it will work for me. I guess we all have our various ways of doing things.

I also tried this rubber band technique using flocking powder. I found some dirt cheap a while back and thought I would give it a try. I am not impressed so far, at least with the rubber band technique. It was way more mess than fun.

Well, I guess that's it for today. I hope my crafty friends will pop over to Card Swap to check them out. They are planning a blog hop this month and there are always really good prizes.

2 comments:

Ellephantastic said...

They are both lovely cards Teresa. Roger looks fab! Hope you have a lovely day. The sun is shining here & I'm off to my friends house later for a massage!!
Hugs x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Will she be my friend too? :)